Park living information booklet

Information status

All documents issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Documents listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this document, please contact

In Western Australia, a residential park (a park) is a place that provides land ‘sites’ for rent, usually to house a relocatable home such as a caravan or park home.

‘Mixed’ parks provide a combination of ‘long-stay’ sites which can be occupied for more than three months and ‘short-stay’ sites for stays of less than three months.

Tenants who are staying longer than three months on a park should be located on a ‘longstay’ site instead of a ‘short-stay’ site. Tenants on mixed parks should be aware that they may have to share recreational and toilet facilities with holidaymakers.

Other parks may contain only long-stay sites. These parks may be called ‘lifestyle villages’ and may accommodate long-stay tenants only. Sometimes, lifestyle villages can also be retirement villages – if this is the case, they will be covered by the Retirement Villages Act 1992, and not by residential park laws.

Consumer Protection
Guide / handbook
Last updated 29 Oct 2014

Share this page:

Last modified: