Residential Tenancies Act review 2019 public consultation paper
This public consultation discussion paper follows the tenancy life cycle and explores potential issues that may arise at each stage. We're seeking your input on key issues for reform including:
- improving security of tenure for tenants;
- should termination of a tenancy require reasons and do away with “no grounds” terminations;
- disclosure of important information before a tenancy begins;
- minimum standards of rental properties and maintenance and repairs;
- tenant responsibility for wilful damage;
- bonds, rental increases and other charges;
- making a rental property a home, including the right to keep pets and make minor modifications;
- regulation of boarding and lodging and room-by-room rentals; and
- changes to the dispute resolution process.
We encourage you to take the time to read this detailed discussion paper in full and share your thoughts with us. There are a number of questions throughout the paper for consideration that may help you prepare your feedback.
Want to make a submission? It's easy to have your say
You are welcome to submit your feedback by email to email@example.com
or by post to
Rethinking Renting Consultation
Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (Consumer Protection Division)
Locked Bag 100
East Perth WA 6892
Submissions will be accepted up until 5pm, Friday 1 May 2020.
Share this page: