RTA review fact sheet - Keeping pets in rental premises
Does the law about keeping pets in rental premises need to be changed?
- Allow a landlord to refuse only where there are reasonable grounds to do so.
- Allow a landlord to refuse only where the landlord has an exemption from the court or the Commissioner.
- Clarify that tenants must make sure their pets do not cause a nuisance and must repair any damage to the premises caused by the pet.
Tell us what you think...
- Except under limited circumstances, should all tenants be allowed to keep pets?
- If tenants are allowed to keep pets under limited circumstances, what types of conditions should be considered?
- What might be reasonable grounds for a landlord to refuse a tenant’s request to keep a pet?
- If tenants are allowed to keep pets, what changes should be made to the Residential Tenancies Act to reduce the risks for landlords?
It's easy to have your say!
To submit feedback: email@example.com
For more information about the RTA review: www.commerce.wa.gov.au/tenancyreview or ring 1300 304 054
Share this page: