RTA review fact sheet - Making a claim on the bond

Should claims on the bond be made easier for landlords and tenants?

Possible options

  • Allow either the landlord or the tenant to apply for disposal of the bond and the Bond Administrator notifies everyone else.
  • If there is a dispute about who is to receive any part of the bond, the Commissioner for Consumer Protection can make a decision.

Tell us what you think...

  • Should the process for making a claim on the bond be changed? Why or why not?
  • How much time should a landlord or tenant have to tell the Bond Administrator they don’t agree with a claim?
  • If there is a dispute about the bond, should the landlord and tenant be required to attend mediation to try to reach an agreement?
  • Should the Commissioner or the Court decide any disputes about the bond?

It's easy to have your say!

To submit feedback: consultations@dmirs.wa.gov.au

For more information about the RTA review: www.commerce.wa.gov.au/tenancyreview or ring 1300 304 054

Consumer Protection
Consultations / public comment
Last updated 13 Jan 2020

Share this page:

Last modified: