RTA review fact sheet - Resolving disputes
Is there a better way to resolve tenancy disputes than going to court?
- Offer mediation as a first option.
- Allow the Commissioner for Consumer Protection to make decisions in certain types of disputes.
- Move tenancy disputes from the Magistrates Court to the State Administrative Tribunal.
Tell us what you think...
- Would you use mediation to settle a dispute with your landlord/tenant? Why or why not?
- Should the Commissioner for Consumer Protection have a role in deciding certain disputes? Why or why not?
- If the Commissioner should have a role, what type of disputes do you think the Commissioner could decide?
- Should tenancy disputes move from the Magistrates Court and be dealt with by the State Administrative Tribunal instead? Why or why not?
It's easy to have your say!
To submit feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the RTA review: www.commerce.wa.gov.au/tenancyreview or ring 1300 304 054
Share this page: