RTA review fact sheet - Rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords
Does the Residential Tenancies Act (the RTA) balance tenant and landlord rights and reponsibilities fairly?
- Make it an offence under the RTA for a tenant to wilfully damage the property.
- Provide options for the landlord if a tenant is repeatedly late in paying their rent.
- Provide options for the tenant or landlord if either party repeatedly breaches the tenancy agreement.
Tell us what you think...
- If the RTA is amended to allow a landlord to terminate a tenancy agreement if the tenant is repeatedly late in paying the rent, how many times should the tenant be late in paying the rent before this option could apply?
- Would there be any benefit in amending the RTA to include an offence if the tenant wilfully damages the property? Why or why not?
- Are there better remedies for a tenant if the landlord breaches the tenancy agreement other than termination?
It's easy to have your say!
To submit feedback: email@example.com
For more information about the RTA review: www.commerce.wa.gov.au/tenancyreview or ring 1300 304 054
Share this page: