RTA review fact sheet - Tenancy applications
Should the Residential Tenancies Act safeguard a tenant's privacy?
- Educate landlords on best practice for information gathering and storage.
- Change the law to prevent landlords from asking applicants to provide certain information.
- Change the law to regulate how information received by a landlord is used, stored and disposed of.
Tell us what you think...
- Should there be restrictions on the type of information a landlord can require from an applicant tenant? Why or why not?
- What information should a landlord be prevented from asking of an applicant tenant?
- Is there a need to introduce laws to stop a landlord from giving information to a third party?
- Is there a need to introduce laws to require any information to be stored and disposed of in a safe manner?
It's easy to have your say!
To submit feedback: email@example.com
For more information about the RTA review: www.commerce.wa.gov.au/tenancyreview or ring 1300 304 054
Share this page: