Settlement industry bulletins
Settlement industry bulletins provide topical information and reminders for agents.
Have you subscribed to the bulletins?
Keep up to date with the latest reminders, news and law updates.
2019 Issues 85 -
2018 Issues 77 - 84
- Issue 84 - Electronic lodgement of land registry documents
- Issue 83 - Time is running out have you completed your 2018 CPD points?
- Issue 82 - Are you safe from cyber fraud?
- Issue 81 - GST withholding: what you need to know
- Issue 80 - Clarification about CPD training & Cashiers moving to Cannington
- Issue 79 - Updated trust account handbook
- Issue 78 - Smoke alarm exemption for dwellings proposed for demolition
- Issue 77 - Kick start 2018 by getting your CPD points early!
2017 Issues 63 - 76
- Issue 76 - Settlement agent fined over involvement in failed property deals (KDD Conveyancing Services Pty Ltd)
- Issue 75 - Renewed warning after another loss from WA property sale scam
- Issue 74 - Time is running out - have you completed your 2017 CPD points
- Issue 73 - Be on high alert - Scammers target WA property industry
- Issue 72 - Annual audit period has commenced
- Issue 71 - Legislation changes - changes that will affect settlement agents
- Issue 70 - ATO changes to the foreign resident capital gains withholding - Impact on property sales of $750,000 or more
- Issue 69 - Scammers attempt to steal $200,000
- Issue 68 - Update to changes to the Sale of Land Act
- Issue 67 - Information sessions for the electronic lodgement of land transfer documents
- Issue 66 - Changes to the Sale of Land Act - replaced by issue 68
- Issue 65 - Paying for referrals is a breach of the law
- Issue 64 - Kick start 2017 by getting your CPD points early!
- Issue 63 - Landgate conveyancing industry group
2016 Issues 53 - 62
- Issue 62 - New Code of Conduct (October 2016)
- Issue 61 - Attempted theft of $500,000 via cyber attack on real estate agency (September 2016)
- Issue 60 - Trust account audit reminders for agents and auditors (September 2016)
- Issue 59 - WA Businesses targeted in ‘middle man’ scams (August 2016)
- Issue 58 - Consumer Protection licensing and Bonds Administration are moving (July 2016)
- Issue 57 - Trust account audit reminder (June 2016)
- Issue 56 - Tax reforms to affect real estate transactions involving foreign residents (June 2016)
- Issue 55 - New code of conduct consultation (April 2016)
- Issue 54 - Three month transition period to comply with fee deregulation changes (January 2016)
- Issue 53 - Deregulation of fees for settlement agents (January 2016)
2015 Issues 48 - 52
- Issue 52 - Proactive compliance visits identify common issues (December 2015)
- Issue 51 - Rewards for referrals (October 2015)
- Issue 50 - Trust account audit reminders for agents and auditors (August 2015)
- Issue 49 - Property Interest Reports help your client to learn more about a property (August 2015)
- Issue 48 - E-conveyancing is coming to Western Australia (April 2015)
2014 Issues 40 - 47
- Issue 47 - Professional indemnity insurance master policy (November 2014)
- Issue 46 - Changes to application requirements for renewal of licences (October 2014)
- Issue 45 - CPD reminder (October 2014)
- Issue 44 - The Department of Commerce is moving (September 2014)
- Issue 43 - ASIC business names registration (September 2014)
- Issue 42 - Fee deregulation consultation closing (July 2014)
- Issue 41 - Agents restrained from operating and supervisors appointed (July 2014)
- Issue 40 - RCDs and smoke alarms (August 2014)
Archive issues 1 - 39 (August 2011 - May 2014)
Share this page: