Travel and Accommodation - An industry guide to the ACL
Our offices will close from Monday 24 December 2018 and will reopen on Thursday 3 January 2019. For urgent assistance during that period you can contact us.
This guide provides information on the ACL for travel and accommodation businesses.
This guide is relevant to you if your business:
- provides holiday accommodation
- provides travel; for example, airlines or coach services
- provides services related to travel, such as tours and recreational activities
- markets, sells or takes bookings for any of the above.
It covers key aspects of the law such as refunds and cancellations, focusing on issues where:
- industry bodies have requested more detailed guidance for business
- consumers frequently report problems to national, state and territory consumer protection agencies.
This guide supplements the ACL guides for business and legal practitioners, available from consumerlaw.gov.au:
- Consumer guarantees
- Sales practices
- A guide to unfair contract terms law
- Avoiding unfair business practices
- Compliance and enforcement: how regulators enforce the Australian Consumer Law
- Product safety.
This guide gives general information and examples – not legal advice or a definitive list of situations where the ACL applies. You should not rely on this guide for complete information on all your obligations under the ACL.
Share this page: