Travel and Accommodation - An industry guide to the ACL
All documents issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Documents listed here are the latest versions available. For more information on this document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This guide provides information on the ACL for travel and accommodation businesses.
This guide is relevant to you if your business:
- provides holiday accommodation
- provides travel; for example, airlines or coach services
- provides services related to travel, such as tours and recreational activities
- markets, sells or takes bookings for any of the above.
It covers key aspects of the law such as refunds and cancellations, focusing on issues where:
- industry bodies have requested more detailed guidance for business
- consumers frequently report problems to national, state and territory consumer protection agencies.
This guide supplements the ACL guides for business and legal practitioners, available from consumerlaw.gov.au:
- Consumer guarantees
- Sales practices
- A guide to unfair contract terms law
- Avoiding unfair business practices
- Compliance and enforcement: how regulators enforce the Australian Consumer Law
- Product safety.
This guide gives general information and examples – not legal advice or a definitive list of situations where the ACL applies. You should not rely on this guide for complete information on all your obligations under the ACL.
Share this page: