Trust accounting and client identification verification - CPD 2014 for property managers
All documents issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Documents listed here are the latest versions available. For more information on this document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manual and assessment for mandatory CPD 2014 for property managers.
You should download and read the manual before doing the assessment. The manual is a handy reference and will help you answer the assessment questions.
Complete the online assessment (9 questions).
Trust accounting and client identification verification
- Welcome to Mandatory CPD for 2014
- Overview of trust accounting requirements
- Overview of licensee’s key responsibilities
- Examples of non-compliance - trust accounting breaches
- Preventative measures / best practice
- Activity 1 - Q and A
- Client Identification, verification and security of documents
- Verify identity of sellers before entering into a contract/lease
- Requirement to set up means of verifying lessor instructions
- New Landgate verification of identity practice
- Importance of security measures and high awareness of risk
- Activity 2 Strategies to verify identity and safeguard identity documents
- 4. Case studies
- Activity 3 Risk mitigation
- Activity answers
About the manual
© 2014. Department of Commerce WA
All rights reserved. This training resource manual has been developed and produced through a collaborative approach with key stakeholders within the Real Estate Industry.
This work is copyright, and as such no part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted or stored in a retrieval system, in any form or by any means, without prior written permission of the copyright holder.
Published by: Department of Commerce
Developed by: REIWA Learning
Reviewed by: Department of Commerce and REIWA Learning
First Published: January 2014
Version Number: v1
The subjects to be covered in this activity are:
- Overview and update of trust accounting requirements;
- Client Identification Verification (CIV) and security of documentation; and
- Case studies
Any questions arising out of this training please contact the CPD team at Consumer Protection on 1300 304 054 or by sending an email.
Share this page: