Trust accounting and client identification verification - CPD 2014 for property managers
All documents issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Documents listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manual and assessment for mandatory CPD 2014 for property managers.
You should download and read the manual before doing the assessment. The manual is a handy reference and will help you answer the assessment questions.
Complete the online assessment (9 questions).
Trust accounting and client identification verification
- Welcome to Mandatory CPD for 2014
- Overview of trust accounting requirements
- Overview of licensee’s key responsibilities
- Examples of non-compliance - trust accounting breaches
- Preventative measures / best practice
- Activity 1 - Q and A
- Client Identification, verification and security of documents
- Verify identity of sellers before entering into a contract/lease
- Requirement to set up means of verifying lessor instructions
- New Landgate verification of identity practice
- Importance of security measures and high awareness of risk
- Activity 2 Strategies to verify identity and safeguard identity documents
- 4. Case studies
- Activity 3 Risk mitigation
- Activity answers
About the manual
© 2014. Department of Commerce WA
All rights reserved. This training resource manual has been developed and produced through a collaborative approach with key stakeholders within the Real Estate Industry.
This work is copyright, and as such no part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted or stored in a retrieval system, in any form or by any means, without prior written permission of the copyright holder.
Published by: Department of Commerce
Developed by: REIWA Learning
Reviewed by: Department of Commerce and REIWA Learning
First Published: January 2014
Version Number: v1
The subjects to be covered in this activity are:
- Overview and update of trust accounting requirements;
- Client Identification Verification (CIV) and security of documentation; and
- Case studies
Any questions arising out of this training please contact the CPD team at Consumer Protection on 1300 304 054 or by sending an email.
Share this page: