Technology Park Bentley WA
Technology Park Bentley is Western Australia's premier location for technology driven and innovative organisations dedicated to information technology and telecommunications, renewable energy and clean technologies and life sciences.
Located in Perth, Western Australia, Technology Park Bentley is home to more than 100 organisations including technology based industry, research and development, academia and support organisations are located at Technology Park.
Located less than 6 kilometres from Western Australia’s capital city, Perth, Technology Park is situated within a hub of innovation and enterprise, adjacent to Curtin University.
Technology Park is home to a number of organisations representing industry, R&D, academia, government and support services. The Park generates major research activity from Centres of Excellence such as CSIRO, the Australian Resources Research Centre, and the Department of Agriculture and Food, Department of Environment and Conservation, and Curtin University.
Convenient access to innovative infrastructure; technology based R&D; and support services, creates opportunities for strategic linkages and project collaboration for Technology Park tenants within and external to the cluster.
Purpose and objectives
Technology Park was opened in 1985 under provisions of the Technology and Industry Development Act 1998. The Park is an important catalyst for science and technology developments in Western Australia and many of the State's science and technology companies are based there.
Technology Park has developed an international reputation as a leader in the establishment and management of science and technology parks.
The Park is an initiative that supports the following Western Australian Government objectives:
- Support emerging and small local companies interested in developing and exporting technology based products and services
- Encourage interaction between private and public sectors
- Attract international technology focused companies and research organisations to locate their operations to Western Australia
- Promote commercialisation of research and development within universities and the public and private sector and
- Create and maintain international and national strategic linkages for possible future joint project opportunities.
Management and administrationThe Government of Western Australia, through the Department of Commerce, administer the Park, located in Bentley.
Park featuresTechnology Park offers a wide range of exciting features, including:
- Access to support services
- Home to the Western Australian Innovation Centre
- Close links between industry, research, academia and government
- Access to computer, library and research facilities at the Curtin University of Technology
- Fibre-optic links for enhanced data, voice and image transmission
- Ample parking
- Landscaped gardens and parkland setting
- Function centre for seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, teambuilding and access to videoconference facilities
- Tenant involvement in networking events, programs, initiatives, strategic linkage opportunities, outgoing and incoming delegations
- Bar and networking facilities
- Onsite bistro and catering service
- Access to sports and recreational facilities including tennis, golf, yoga.