2019 Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards - Terms and conditions of entry
These terms and conditions of entry apply to all entrants in all categories for the Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards, Western Australia.
- The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (the Department) will administer the Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards.
- Entry for the Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards is open to individuals, associations, partnerships, companies and other organisations operating within the jurisdiction of the Department. The Department reserves the right to either allow or disallow any entrant for any reason as its complete discretion.
- Entries must be received by 5.00 pm 7 June 2019. For reasons of fairness late applications will not be accepted.
- By submitting an entry, entrants shall be taken to have acknowledged and accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Entries dealing with scientific, medical or technical achievements should be accompanied by a summary in plain English or layman terms.
- Judges will have complete discretion in assessing entries, applying the judging criteria, conditions of entry and determining the awards.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The assessment, conduct and results of the awards will not create any legal obligations between entrants and the Department, the Crown in right of Western Australia.
- The Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards judging panel reserves the right not to allocate winners in a particular category.
- Persons, sole traders or organisations submitting an entry to the awards must have all insurance/levies required by law, or otherwise appropriate, for the conduct of their day-to-day activities (such as workers’ compensation).
- No responsibility is taken for any loss or damage to entries.
- Entries and supporting material will not be returned to entrants.
- Submissions must be an original idea and not simply a purchased solution within Australia or internationally.
- Each entrant guarantees that its entry, including any designs and/or inventions, is the entrant’s original work. It must not infringe on any intellectual property rights including patents, copyright, industrial design rights, trademarks and trade secrets, of another company or person.
- By entering the Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards each entrant guarantees that all information in its entry is true, accurate and complete. Entrants may be requested to provide further evidence to substantiate their entries and, if so requested, such evidence must be provided within the stipulated timeframe. Any information provided which, in the view of the judging panel, is misleading or deceptive in any way will result in disqualification.
- Winning an award does not signify endorsement of a particular product or a particular health and safety practice by the Department.
- The Department reserves the right to decline, to accept or to disqualify an entry, at its absolute discretion, including by not limited to situations in which the entrant, or a related person or organisation, has breached or is under investigation for possible breaches of occupational safety and health laws whether or not a prosecution is pending, or where the acceptance of the entry may otherwise be detrimental to the objectives of the Western Australia awards scheme.
- All entrants agree to allow officers of the Department to enter and inspect premises that are the subject of, or related to, an entry for the purposes of verifying the entry.
- The Department will ensure that there is no disclosure to any third party of any information provided by an entrant and marked ‘confidential’, except with the prior consent of that entrant or where such a disclosure is authorised or required by law.
- All entrants authorise, subject to receipt of prior written notification, the Department to use the information contained in entries (other than confidential information) for any purposes it sees fit including, but not necessarily limited to, promotional purposes.
- Subject to proper acknowledgement being given to the relevant entrant, all entrants authorise the Department to publish details of their entry, including but not limited to contact names, phone numbers and photos. The Department will not use the personal information of entrants for any other purpose without consent of the entrant, or unless authorised or required to do so by law.
- Entrants acknowledge that they may be required for presentations and media interviews in respect of their entry and agree to take all reasonable steps to make themselves available for, and actively participate in, such presentations or media interviews.
- Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards winners are not eligible to enter these awards with the same initiative/solution/contribution for three years.
- The Department, the Crown in right of Western Australia and the officers, employees and agents of all the preceding do not accept any liability, however arising, including liability for negligence, for any accident, loss, injury or damage arising at any time out of or in connection with the Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards or except for any liability that cannot, by law, be excluded.
- Entrants who breach any of these ‘conditions of entry’ are subject to disqualification.
Share this page: