Information on safety in the office
Millions of Australians work in offices. It is important that employers provide a safe and healthy environment in office places.
Frequently asked questions
- What OSH issues commonly exist in office environments
- What can I do to prevent musculoskeletal disorders (eg sprains and strains) when using computers?
- How do I adjust my workstation for working on computers?
- Should I be sitting all day?
More frequently asked questions about ergonomics can be found here.
Resources available on this subject
- Minimum workspace requirements
- Occupational overuse syndrome keyboard operators: Reducing the risk
- Photocopiers, laser printers and other office copying equipment
- Visual display units (VDUs) and your health
- Contact details
- Related publications and downloads