Slips and trips
Information on slips and trips in the workplace
Slips, trips and falls are a significant problem affecting every workplace, from factory floor to office. Following the information on this website will reduce the risk of these hazards having costly outcomes for your business.
Frequently asked questions
- Can slips and trips in the workplace be prevented?
- What factors contribute to the risk of slips and trips?
- How can I reduce the risk of slips and trips in my workplace?
- What colour and width should floor line markings be?
Resources available on this subject
- Prevention of falls - Code of practice
- Risk factor checklist
- Sample - Slips, trips and falls investigation report (word)
- Risk management guidelines
- What inspectors look for: Slips, trips and falls
- The first step - Managing safety and health hazards in your workplace (includes section on slips and trips)
- Related publications and downloads