How do I apply for a Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence
A Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence allows the licence holder, or people employed by the licence holder, to remove amounts exceeding 10 square metres of bonded (non-friable) asbestos, but not friable asbestos.
The licence in valid for a period of three years and is endorsed with a number of conditions that relate to the way asbestos removal work is carried out.
Before applying for a Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence, the applicant must first complete a WorkSafe approved Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence training course with a Registered Training Organisation (Course WSRAL001).
Once the person has satisfactorily completed the WorkSafe approved Restricted Asbestos Removal course, they may submit an application to the Director, Business Services, WorkSafe Business Centre, for a restricted asbestos removal licence.
The application must include:
- Completed Application form signed by a the person who is legally liable for, and authorised to sign documents on behalf of the licensed entity;
- The applicable Application fee;
- A Statement of Completion for the Restricted Asbestos WSRAL001 course from a WorkSafe Registered Training Organisation;
- A satisfactory Statement of Experience;
- A signed copy of the Conditions of the Restricted Asbestos Licence;
- A “Current Company Extract” not older than one month, which can be obtained from ASIC (if the application is being made under a Pty Ltd Company);
- Photo identification e.g. copy of your drivers’ licence or passport and two recent (not older than six months) passport quality colour photos (if the application is being made by an individual or sole trader).
- Application for a Restricted Asbestos removal licence
- Restricted asbestos licence course providers
- Asbestos - Frequently asked questions
- Application for restricted asbestos licence: $781
- Application for renewal of restricted asbestos licence: $723
Please note: No GST is payable on fees
Share this page: