How do I apply for a Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence?
A Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence allows the licence holder, or people employed by the licence holder, to remove amounts exceeding 10 square metres of bonded (non-friable) asbestos, but not friable asbestos.
The licence in valid for a period of three years and is endorsed with a number of conditions that relate to the way asbestos removal work is carried out.
Before applying for a Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence, the applicant must first complete a WorkSafe approved Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence training course with a Registered Training Organisation (Course WSRAL001). The applicant must also demonstrate substantial and varied experience in planning and supervising the removal of bonded asbestos. For example, but not limited to, developing or contributing to the formulation of risk assessments and the asbestos removal control plans, and safe method work statements for asbestos removal jobs.
The application must include:
- Completed Application form signed by a the person who is legally liable for, and authorised to sign documents on behalf of the licensed entity;
- The applicable Application fee;
- A Statement of Completion for the Restricted Asbestos WSRAL001 course from a WorkSafe Registered Training Organisation;
- A satisfactory Statement of Experience;
- A signed copy of the Conditions of the Restricted Asbestos Licence;
- Certified copies of primary and secondary identification;
- Two photo identification e.g. copy of your drivers’ licence or passport and two recent (not older than six months) passport quality colour photos (if the application is being made by an individual or sole trader).
The following fees are current as of 1 July 2019 until 30 June 2020. Please note: No GST is payable on fees.
- Restricted asbestos licence course providers
- Asbestos - Frequently asked questions
- New application for a restricted asbestos licence: $875.00
- Renewal application for a restricted asbestos licence: $810.00
The Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 does not provide for the refund of any fees paid in respect of an asbestos application.
Share this page: