Alert to Perth motorists - fill up now to beat the petrol price rise
Motorists in Perth and Mandurah are advised to fill up now if they need to, with petrol prices set to rise tomorrow. After today it is likely motorists will have to wait for two weeks before petrol prices are again at the bottom of the price cycle.
FuelWatch reports that, from 6am tomorrow (Wednesday 1 December 2021), the average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) will increase by 29 cents per litre (cpl) to 178.9 cpl. Coles Express hiking by up to 45 cpl up to 193.9 cpl; 7-Eleven up to 189.9 cpl; Vibe up to 189.5 cpl; Caltex Woolworths up to 187.9 cpl; BP up to 186.9 cpl; Caltex/Ampol up to 185.9 cpl and Puma up to 185.7 cpl.
Despite the average hike tomorrow, there are still 48 individual sites offering prices below 150 cpl, so consumers should check the FuelWatch website to find the lowest price near them. Buying fuel from the cheapest site rather than the most expensive, a difference of 49 cpl, means motorists can potentially save $29 on a 60 litre tank.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 145.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Midvale in the East;
- 145.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 145.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 145.5 cpl at Shell High Wycombe in the East;
- 144.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 145.5 cpl at Liberty Beckenham and Liberty Gosnells in the South; and
- 144.5 cpl at Liberty Landsdale in the North.
To find the cheapest fuel at any time, check the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site which features an interactive map. After 2.30pm each day both today’s and tomorrow’s prices are available. Also, get a daily update by subscribing to free email alerts or phone 1300 30 40 54. If you want to understand more about how FuelWatch works, go to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/about/works.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / email@example.com
Share this page: