Alert to Perth motorists - fill up now to beat the petrol price rise
Motorists in Perth and Mandurah are advised to fill up now if they need to, with petrol prices set to rise tomorrow.
FuelWatch reports that, from 6am tomorrow (Wednesday 21 September 2022), the average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) will increase by 25 cents per litre (cpl) to 177.5 cpl. Puma/Caltex hiking by up to 50 cpl up to 195.9 cpl; Coles Express, 7-Eleven, Ampol, Caltex Woolworths/EG Ampol and BP up to 189.9 cpl; and Vibe up to 189.5 cpl.
Despite the average hike tomorrow, there are still 36 individual sites offering prices below 148 cpl, so consumers should check the FuelWatch website to find the lowest price near them. Buying fuel from the cheapest site rather than the most expensive, a difference of 54 cpl, means motorists can potentially save $32 on a 60 litre tank.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 146.7 cpl at Puma Bellevue in the East;
- 144.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 144.9 cpl at Coles Express Bentley in the South; and
- 145.9 cpl at Coles Express Banksia Grove, Coles Express Duncraig, Coles Express Kingsley, Coles Express Mount Lawley, Coles Express Warwick and Coles Express West Perth in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 148.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 (Forrestfield) in the East;
- 143.9 cpl at United Southern River in the South; and
- 145.5 cpl at Liberty Banksia Grove and Liberty Landsdale in the North.
To find the cheapest fuel at any time, check the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site which features an interactive map. After 2.30pm each day both today’s and tomorrow’s prices are available. Also, get a daily update by subscribing to free email alerts or phone 1300 30 40 54. If you want to understand more about how FuelWatch works, go to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/about/works.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / email@example.com
Share this page: