Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by about 8 cents per litre (cpl) tomorrow to 141.8 cpl, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 20 November 2014, most BP sites are increasing their ULP prices by 16 cpl to 149.9 cpl; the majority of Coles Express sites by 12 cpl to 144.9 cpl; most Puma Energy sites up to 142.9 cpl; most Gull, Caltex and Caltex Woolworths sites up to 141.9 cpl and the majority of Peak sites up to 140.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still more than 30 sites selling below 132 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 22 cpl, which means you can save up to $13 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 129.5 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 127.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 127.1 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig, Coles Express Edgewater, Coles Express Mt Lawley, Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Whitfords in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 129.5 cpl at Puma Energy Bellevue and United Roleystone in the East;
- 127.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Southern River and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 127.1 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig, Coles Express Edgewater, Coles Express Mt Lawley, Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Rd in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 550 808.
END OF RELEASE
Media Contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: