Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 13 cents per litre (cpl) to 138.9 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 3 January 2017, most Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing their ULP price to 143.9 cpl (an increase of 19 cpl). Most Caltex, Coles Express and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 141.9 cpl, most United sites to 139.7 cpl and most BP sites to 138.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 129 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 29 cpl, which means you can save up to $17 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 121.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor in the East;
- 113.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Byford in the South; and
- 118.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Balga, Caltex StarMart Northlands and Caltex StarShop Balga in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 121.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 114.7 cpl at Vibe Byford in the South; and
- 123.5 cpl at Caltex StarMart North Wanneroo, Puma Malaga and Puma Neerabup in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: