Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 14 cents per litre (cpl) to 140.9 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 10 January 2017, all metro Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 145.9 cpl (an increase of 18 cpl). Most BP, Caltex, Caltex Woolworths and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 143.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 128 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 24 cpl, which means you can save up to $14 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 121.4 cpl at Puma Gingers (Upper Swan) in the East;
- 119.7 cpl at Vibe Byford and Puma Warnbro in the South; and
- 119.7 cpl at Puma Landsdale and Puma First Avenue Mt Lawley in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 123.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 121.7 cpl at United South Lake in the South; and
- 121.5 cpl at United Ellenbrook in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: