Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 14 cents per litre (cpl) to 137.7 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 28 February 2017, most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 141.9 cpl (an increase of 17 cpl). Most Caltex Woolworths, Puma and BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 139.9 cpl, most United sites to 139.7 cpl and most Caltex sites to 138.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 128 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 26 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 117.1 cpl at Puma Bellevue in the East;
- 116.7 cpl at Puma Wattle Grove, Vibe Hamilton Hill, Vibe Spearwood and Vibe Yangebup in the South; and
- 115.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Ashby, Caltex StarMart Northlands and Caltex StarShop Balga in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 119.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 116.7 cpl at Vibe Hamilton Hill, Vibe Spearwood and Vibe Yangebup in the South; and
- 119.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Butler, 7-Eleven Wanneroo, Caltex StarMart Ashby and Caltex StarMart Butler in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: