Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 20 cents per litre (cpl) to 128.9 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 4 July 2017, most Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 133.9 cpl (an increase of 29 cpl). Most Caltex sites are increasing their ULP price to 132.9 cpl, most BP sites to 131.9 cpl and most 7-Eleven, Caltex Woolworths and Coles Express sites to 129.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still more than 30 sites selling below 116 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 28 cpl, which means you can save up to $16 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 97.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Midvale and Caltex StarShop Swan View in the East;
- 97.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Canning Vale, Caltex StarMart Thornlie, Caltex StarShop Bannister Road, Caltex StarShop Livingston, Caltex StarShop Seville Grove and Caltex StarShop South Lake in the South; and
- 97.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Ashby, Caltex StarMart Joondalup, Caltex StarMart Northlands and Caltex StarShop Balga in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 108.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 109.9 cpl at United Armadale, United Kewdale, United Leda and United South Lake in the South; and
- 107.7 cpl at United Ellenbrook and United Lexia in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 19,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media Contact: Consumer Protection
Share this page: