Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 12 cents per litre (cpl) to 131.3 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 26 February 2015, most BP and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP prices by 18 cpl to 135.9 cpl; the majority of Caltex sites to 134.9 cpl; most Caltex Woolworths sites to 133.9 cpl; and the majority of Puma Energy sites to 132.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 118 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 21 cpl, which means you can save up to $13 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 114.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 114.7 cpl at United Armadale and United South Lake in the South; and
- 114.3 cpl at United Ellenbrook, United Lexia and United Mt Lawley in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 116.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 114.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale in the South; and
- 114.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: