Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 22 cents per litre (cpl) to 130.1 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 1 August 2017, most 7-Eleven, BP, Caltex, Caltex Woolworths and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 132.9 cpl (increasing between 25 cpl and 28 cpl). Most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 131.9 cpl and most United sites are increasing to 129.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 120 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 26 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 103.9 cpl at Puma Midvale in the East;
- 101.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Maddington, Caltex Woolworths Port Kennedy and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 101.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood, Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Road and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 109.9 cpl at Better Choice Bellevue in the East;
- 107.9 cpl at Peak Kwinana in the South; and
- 109.7 cpl at Better Choice Tuart Hill in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 19,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: