Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 9 cents per litre (cpl) to 135.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 19 March 2015, most BP and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP prices by 13 cpl to 138.9 cpl; the majority of Caltex, Caltex Woolworths and many Puma Energy sites to 137.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 124 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 18 cpl, which means you can save up to $10 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 120.8 cpl at Puma Energy Bellevue in the East;
- 120.8 cpl at Puma Energy Kewdale, Gull Welshpool, Caltex Woolworths Southern River and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 120.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Rd and Puma Energy Wanneroo in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 122.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 120.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake, Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale, Puma Energy Belmont and Gull Causeway in the South; and
- 120.1 cpl at Coles Express Warwick, Coles Express Mount Lawley and Coles Express Wanneroo Pearsall in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: