Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 18 cents per litre (cpl) to 159 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 5 June 2018, most BP, Caltex and Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing their ULP price to 163.9 cpl (increasing between 25 and 26 cpl). Most 7-Eleven, Coles Express and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 161.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 25 sites selling below 140 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 25 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 137.9 cpl at 10 sites in the East;
- 133.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Maddington West in the South; and
- 133.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 138.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 in the East;
- 138.5 cpl at Vibe Armadale, Vibe Hamilton Hill, Vibe Byford and Vibe Spearwood in the South; and
- 139.7 cpl at Vibe Nollamara, Vibe Charles St (North Perth), United Northbridge, United Ellenbrook, United Mt Lawley, United Osborne Park, United Lexia, United Quinns Rocks and United Hepburn Heights in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 12,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: