Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by 11 cents per litre (cpl) to 134.3 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 2 April 2015, most BP, Coles Express and Puma sites are increasing their ULP prices by 14 cpl to 136.9 cpl; the majority of Caltex and Caltex Woolworths sites to 135.9 cpl; and most United sites to 132.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 128 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 18 cpl, which means you can save up to $10 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 119.9 cpl at Gull High Wycombe in the East;
- 119.8 cpl at Coles Express Bentley, Coles Express Southern River, Coles Express Waikiki, Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair and Caltex Woolworths Southern River in the South; and
- 119.7 cpl at United Lexia, Gull Landsdale, Puma Wanneroo and Puma Bayswater in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 121.9 cpl at Better Choice Roleystone in the East;
- 119.7 cpl at Puma Yule-Du Roadhouse (Bedfordale) in the South; and
- 119.7 cpl at Gull Landsdale, Puma Mindarie and Puma Merriwa in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: