Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 11 cents per litre (cpl) to 137.1 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 30 April 2015, most Caltex and Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing their ULP prices by 16 cpl to 141.9 cpl; and majority of BP, Coles Express and Puma sites to 139.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 45 sites selling below 126 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 23 cpl, which means you can save up to $13 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 122.9 cpl at Gull High Wycombe in the East;
- 118.1 cpl at Puma Lynwood, Caltex Woolworths South Lake, Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair and Coles Express Southern River in the South; and
- 118.1 cpl at Gull Landsdale, Puma Joondalup, Coles Express Clarkson, Coles Express Jolimont, Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria and Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 123.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 118.1 cpl at Puma Lynwood, Puma Atwell and Coles Express Southern River in the South; and
- 118.1 cpl at Gull Landsdale, Puma Wanneroo, Puma Joondalup, Coles Express Jolimont and Coles Express Clarkson in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: