Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 18 cents per litre (cpl) to 158.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 14 May 2019, most Caltex and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 165.9 cpl (increasing by 24 to 26 cpl). Most BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 161.9 cpl, most Puma sites to 161.7 cpl, most Caltex Woolworths and 7-Eleven sites to 159.9 cpl and many Vibe sites to 153.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 139 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 31 cpl, which means you can save up to $18 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 134.6 cpl at Puma Warnbro in the South;
- 134.6 cpl at Puma First Avenue Mt Lawley in the North; and
- 135.6 cpl at Puma Wattle Grove in the East.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 134.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Southern River in the South;
- 136.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Aveley, Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook and Caltex Woolworths Osborne Park in the North; and
- 137.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 (Forrestfield) in the East.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 12,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Sarah Roberts, 0466 409 828, CPmedia@dmirs.wa.gov.au
Share this page: