Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 10 cents per litre (cpl) to 141.3 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 14 May 2015, most Caltex, Puma and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP prices by 13 cpl to 144.9 cpl; the majority of BP sites are also increasing their ULP prices to 144.9 cpl; and most Caltex Woolworths sites to 143.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 130 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 25 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 128.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 118.9 cpl at Caltex StarShop Bannister Road, Caltex StarShop Livingston and Caltex StarMart Canning Vale in the South; and
- 118.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Butler and Caltex StarMart Clarkson in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 128.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 119.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Maddington West in the South; and
- 119.1 cpl at Coles Express Clarkson, Coles Express Mount Lawley, Coles Express Jolimont and Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: