Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 11 cents per litre (cpl) to 144.4 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 7 July 2015, most Caltex and Puma sites are increasing their ULP prices between 15 and 26 cpl to 149.9 cpl; the majority of Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP prices to 147.9 cpl; most BP sites to 146.9 cpl and the majority of Caltex Woolworths sites to 143.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 132 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 27 cpl, which means you can save up to $16 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 123.9 cpl at Puma Mundaring and Puma Sawyers Valley in the East;
- 123.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 122.1 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig, Coles Express Scarborough and Coles Express Mount Lawley in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 122.1 cpl at Coles Express Middle Swan in the East;
- 123.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 122.1 cpl at Coles Express Mount Lawley and Coles Express Malaga in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with close to 38,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: