Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 31 cents per litre (cpl) to 143.5 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 27 January 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: Coles Express hiking by 45 cpl up to 155.9 cpl; BP, Caltex/Ampol and Caltex Woolworths up to 153.9 cpl; Puma up to 153.7 cpl; 7-Eleven up to 152.9; and Vibe up to 150.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 110 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 49 cpl, which means you can save up to $29 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 109.3 cpl at Puma Gingers (Upper Swan) in the East;
- 106.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 107.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 105.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Morley in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 110 cpl at Shell Bullsbrook in the East;
- 106.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 107.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central in the South; and
- 107.5 cpl at Liberty Landsdale in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / email@example.com
Share this page: