Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 12 cents per litre (cpl) to 143.6 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 4 August 2015, most Caltex and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 149.9 cpl – an increase of between 18 to 29 cpl by Caltex and 18 to 24 cpl by Puma. Most BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 147.9 cpl and most Caltex Woolworths and Coles Express sites to 144.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 130 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 30 cpl, which means you can save up to $18 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 120.9 cpl at Caltex StarShop Stratton in the East;
- 120.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 120.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 119.1 cpl at Coles Express Middle Swan in the East;
- 123.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Port Kennedy in the South; and
- 119.1 cpl at Coles Express Mount Lawley and Coles Express Malaga in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with 38,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: