Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 33 cents per litre (cpl) to 157.6 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 17 March 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: Caltex/Ampol hiking by 46 cpl to 169.9 cpl; Coles Express and Caltex Woolworths to 167.9 cpl; Puma to 167.7 cpl; 7-Eleven and BP to 165.9 cpl; and Vibe to 159.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 40 sites selling below 124 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 52 cpl, which means you can save up to $31 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 121.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Midland and 7-Eleven Midvale in the East;
- 117.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 119.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 119.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 121.9 cpl at Shell High Wycombe in the East;
- 117.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 121.9 cpl at Liberty Gosnells in the South; and
- 121.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Bassendean and Vibe Morley in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / email@example.com
Share this page: