Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 32 cents per litre (cpl) to 158.9 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 31 March 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: BP and Coles Express hiking by 41-44 cpl to 169.9 cpl; 7-Eleven, Caltex Woolworths and Caltex/Ampol to 167.9 cpl; Puma to 167.7 cpl; and Vibe to 159.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 123 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 49 cpl, which means you can save up to $29 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 120.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 121.9 cpl at BP Redcliffe and United South Lake in the South;
- 121.7 cpl at Vibe Morley in the North; and
- 121.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Wattle Grove in the East.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 120.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 121.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Southern River in the South;
- 121.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook, Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria, Caltex Woolworths Osborne Park and Vibe Morley in the North; and
- 123.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 (Forrestfield) in the East.
Drivers can head to the mobile-compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact: CPmedia@dmirs.wa.gov.au
Share this page: