Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 29 cents per litre (cpl) to 167.5 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 1 September 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: Caltex Woolworths and Coles Express hiking by between 41-43 cpl up to 178.9 cpl; BP up to 177.9 cpl; Caltex/Ampol up to 176.9 cpl; Puma up to 176.7 cpl; 7-Eleven up to 175.9 cpl; Vibe up to 175.5 cpl; and United up to 165.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 25 sites selling below 138 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 47 cpl, which means you can save up to $28 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 134.5 cpl at NightOwl Shell Bellevue in the East;
- 131.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 132.5 cpl at NightOwl Shell Redcliffe in the South; and
- 133.5 cpl at United Bassendean in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 135.3 cpl at Vibe Forrestfield in the East;
- 131.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 133.7 cpl at Vibe Jandakot in the South; and
- 134.3 cpl at Vibe Bedford in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Claudine Murphy, (08) 6552 9248 / 0417 938 542 / email@example.com
Share this page: