Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by 12 cents per litre (cpl) to 134.5 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 1 September 2015, most Caltex and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 139.9 cpl, an increase of 11 to 32 cpl by Caltex and 17 cpl by Coles Express. Most BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 138.9 cpl; most Puma sites to 134.9 cpl and the majority of Caltex Woolworths sites to 133.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 117 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 34 cpl, which means you can save up to $20 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 108.9 cpl at Caltex StarShop Stratton in the East;
- 107.9 cpl at Caltex StarShop South Lake in the South; and
- 107.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Northlands, Caltex StarMart Joondalup and Caltex StarShop Balga in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 109.1 cpl at Coles Express Middle Swan in the East;
- 109.1 cpl at Coles Express Waikiki in the South; and
- 109.1 cpl at Coles Express Malaga in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: