Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 16 cents per litre (cpl) to 136.4 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 8 September 2015, most Caltex sites are increasing their ULP prices to 144.9 cpl, most sites increasing by 25 cpl. Most Puma sites are increasing to 142.9 cpl; the majority of BP and Coles Express sites to 139.9 cpl; and most Caltex Woolworths sites to 137.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 118 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 38 cpl, which means you can save up to $22 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 108.9 cpl at Caltex StarShop Stratton in the East;
- 107.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 107.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 109.1 cpl at Coles Express Middle Swan in the East;
- 106.8 cpl at Puma Parmelia in the South; and
- 106.8 cpl at Puma Merriwa, Puma Mindarie and Puma Landsdale in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: