Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 6 cents per litre (cpl) to 134.1 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 11 December 2014, most Puma Energy sites are increasing their ULP prices by 9 cpl to 136.9 cpl; the majority of Gull, Coles Express and BP sites to 135.9 cpl; most Peak and Caltex sites up to 134.9 cpl; and most Caltex Woolworths sites up to 133.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 127 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 25 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 124.9 cpl at Better Choice Stratton in the East;
- 122.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale, Caltex Woolworths Maddington West, Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 122.1 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig, Coles Express Edgewater, Coles Express Mount Lawley, Caltex Woolworths Greenwood, Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria and Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Road in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 125.3 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 121.7 cpl at United South Lake in the South; and
- 121.7 cpl at United Northbridge and United Mt Lawley in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 550 808.
END OF RELEASE
Media Contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: