Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by 14 cents per litre (cpl) to 132.1 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 27 October 2015, most Caltex and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price by 20 cpl or more, to 137.9 cpl. Most BP and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 135.9 cpl and most Caltex Woolworths sites to 129.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 114 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 32 cpl, which means you can save up to $19 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 107.9 cpl at Puma Bellevue in the East;
- 107.9 cpl at Puma Forrestdale, Puma Kewdale, Puma Parmelia and Gull Welshpool in the South; and
- 107.9 cpl at Puma Merriwa, Puma Mindarie and Puma Pearsall in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 112.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 107.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 107.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Road in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: