Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 14 cents per litre (cpl) to 130.9 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 8 December 2015, most Puma and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP prices to 135.9 cpl, a hike of 20 cpl by Puma and 17 cpl by Coles Express. The majority of Caltex sites are increasing to 134.9; most Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing to 133.9 cpl; and most BP sites are increasing to 132.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 118 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 27 cpl, which means you can save up to $16 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 111.6 cpl at Puma Gingers (Upper Swan) in the East;
- 108.9 cpl at BP Connect South Perth, BP Connect Palm Springs and BP Connect Thomsons Lake in the South; and
- 109.6 cpl at Puma Gwelup in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 112.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 108.9 cpl at BP Connect South Perth in the South; and
- 109.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook, Caltex Woolworths Osborne Park and Caltex Woolworths Alkimos in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: