Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 12 cents per litre (cpl) to 129.7 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 15 December 2015, most Caltex and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP prices to 134.9 cpl, a hike of 18 cpl by Caltex and 17 cpl by Coles Express. The majority of Puma sites are increasing to 133.9; most Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing to 130.9 cpl; and most BP sites are increasing to 129.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 35 sites selling below 119 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 26 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 109.7 cpl at Puma Gingers in the East;
- 108.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Kwinana and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 108.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook and Caltex Woolworths Osborne Park in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 110.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 108.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 108.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook, Caltex Woolworths Osborne Park and Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Rd in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: