Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 16 cents per litre (cpl) to 130.7 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 22 December 2015, most Caltex, Puma and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP prices to 134.9 cpl, a hike of 22 cpl by Caltex and Puma and 20 cpl by Coles Express. The majority of BP and Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing to 130.9.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 120 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 27 cpl, which means you can save up to $16 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 107.9 cpl at BP 2go Bellevue, BP 2go Morrison Road and 7-Eleven Midvale in the East;
- 105.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Baldivis in the South; and
- 109.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood, Caltex Woolworths Whitfords and Puma First Avenue Mt Lawley in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 115.9 cpl at Vibe Toodyay Rd in the East;
- 107.9 cpl at BP Baldivis Southbound Travel Centre and BP Baldivis Northbound Travel Centre in the South; and
- 108.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Alkimos and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: