Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 15 cents per litre (cpl) to 127.6 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 12 January 2016, most Caltex, Caltex Woolworths, Puma, BP and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP prices to 129.9 cpl, an increase of 20 cpl by Caltex, Caltex Woolworths and Puma, 19 cpl by BP and 17 cpl by Coles Express. The majority of United sites are increasing their ULP price to 127.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 118 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 22 cpl, which means you can save up to $13 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 106.8 cpl at Puma Gingers (Upper Swan) in the East;
- 106.6 cpl at Puma Warnbro in the South; and
- 106.6 cpl at Puma Joondalup in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 115.9 cpl at Better Choice Roleystone in the East;
- 107.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Baldivis, Gull Welshpool, Puma Kewdale and Vibe Byford in the South; and
- 108.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Alkimos and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: