Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 15 cents per litre (cpl) to 122.8 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 2 February 2016, most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP prices to 126.9 cpl, an increase of 18 cpl. The majority of Caltex and Puma sites are increasing their ULP prices to 125.9 cpl; and most BP and Caltex Woolworths sites increasing to 124.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 114 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 28 cpl, which means you can save up to $16 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 102.7 cpl at Puma Bellevue in the East;
- 101.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 101.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria and Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Rd in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 103.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 101.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale in the South; and
- 101.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook and Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: