Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by about 14 cents per litre (cpl) to 120.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 9 February 2016, most Caltex and Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing their ULP price by 20 cpl to 123.9 cpl. The majority of Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 122.9 cpl, most BP and Coles Express sites to 119.9 cpl and United sites to 119.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 114 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 31 cpl, which means you can save up to $18 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 101.9 cpl at Puma Bellevue, Puma Kalamunda, Puma Lesmurdie, Puma Mundaring, Puma Sawyers Valley, Puma Gingers (Upper Swan) and Peak Glen Forrest in the East;
- 99.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Rockingham and United Leda in the South; and
- 101.2 cpl at Puma Alexander Heights in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 106.9 cpl at Better Choice Stratton in the East;
- 98.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Rockingham in the South; and
- 100.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka and Caltex Woolworths Whitfords in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: