Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 7 cents per litre (cpl) to 125.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 25 December 2014, most Caltex, Coles Express and Puma Energy sites are increasing their ULP prices by 11 cpl to 127.9 cpl; the majority of Caltex Woolworths and Gull sites to 126.9 cpl; and most BP sites up to 124.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 35 sites selling below 116 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 23 cpl, which means you can save up to $13 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 113.7 cpl at Better Choice Stratton in the East;
- 113.9 cpl at Caltex Truckstop Maddington, Caltex Starmart Warnbro and United South Lake in the South; and
- 113.7 cpl at United Edgewater, United Mt Lawley and United Northbridge in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 113.0 cpl at Vibe Toodyay Rd in the East;
- 113.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Maddington West and Caltex Woolworths Southern River in the South; and
- 113.0 cpl at Vibe Charles St in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 550 808.
END OF RELEASE
Media Contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: