Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 16 cents per litre (cpl) to 117.3 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 16 February 2016, most Caltex Woolworths, BP, Caltex and Puma sites are increasing their ULP prices to 119.9 cpl, an increase of 22 cpl by Caltex Woolworths, 21 cpl by BP and Caltex and 20 cpl by Puma. The majority of United sites are increasing to 118.7 cpl; and most Coles Express sites increasing to 117.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 110 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 35 cpl, which means you can save up to $21 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 96.7 cpl at Puma Gingers (Upper Swan) in the East;
- 92.9 cpl at BP Connect Rockingham Park and BP Connect Palm Springs in the South; and
- 94.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 103.9 cpl at Better Choice Roleystone in the East;
- 94.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 94.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: