Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 19 cents per litre (cpl) to 117.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 1 March 2016, most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP prices to 119.9 cpl, an increase of 24 cpl. The majority of Caltex Woolworths, Caltex and BP sites are increasing to 118.9 cpl; most Puma sites to 117.9 cpl; and most United sites to 114.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 113 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 24 cpl, which means you can save up to $14 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 93.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Midvale, Caltex StarMart Midvale and Caltex StarShop Swan View in the East;
- 92.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Rockingham in the South; and
- 93.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Northlands, Caltex StarMart Joondalup, Caltex StarShop Balga and 7-Eleven Malaga in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 102.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 95.5 cpl at United Leda in the South; and
- 99.9 cpl at Puma Nollamara in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: