Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 19 cents per litre (cpl) to 120.3 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 15 March 2016, most Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing their ULP prices to 123.9 cpl, an increase of 27 cpl. The majority of Caltex and BP sites are increasing to 122.9 cpl; most Puma and Coles Express sites to 121.9 cpl; and most United sites to 118.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still more than 35 sites selling below 114 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 29 cpl, which means you can save up to $17 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 95.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Midvale in the East;
- 94.3 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 94.3 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka and Caltex Woolworths Whitfords in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 105.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 103.9 cpl at Puma Kwinana OPT in the South; and
- 96.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: